Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Feel Like I'm Lost

I just submitted my first Questioning The Text paper and I am almost positive I did it wrong. I feel like I had a really good question, but wasn't able to seriously execute the task of "not answering the question". I have been so trained in all of my English classes to have a thesis and answer it with your quotes. I really do hope that the first set of these we go through is going to be sort of a trial run.

I really thought that The Heart of a Chief was a really good book. In my paper I tried to guide someone's reading of the book around whether or not Bruchac accomplished his goal to combat stereotypes with his main characters. I feel like there were many times in the story that stereotypes were combated, and many times when they were just perpetuated.


On another note, I have been trying to find the e-mail address for the author of the book we read last week in class, All the Colors of the Earth. Her name is Shelia Hamanaka. I have a question I'd like to ask her about her book. I suppose my next step will be to contact the publisher and see if they have contact information for her!

No comments: