Tuesday, March 17, 2009

This really makes me wonder

Over spring break I was moving myself into our new apartment in southern NC and getting things ready for LIFE! Yeah, life... together, finally! Anyway, I noticed the significant amount of schools in the area and got a little bit excited. Then I noticed the amount of different backgrounds of people in the area... after all, it is a military town and people come from ALL OVER the place! It was amazing to see all of the churches and shopping centers based around people different than "the norm". I had a lot of time to think, so I eventually--instead of studying for my test--got to thinking of how our class would benefit me as a teacher in an area like this. What types of books will I use in my classroom? How will I be able to gauge where my students are and what levels they're ready for? I am so excited that we're going to be talking about things like this in class tomorrow, because I am very interested in adapting what I am learning in this class to my actual classroom.

On a side note, I know that I got at least one right answer on my test, it asked about book awards and which of these awards is awarded to _______ population. :] Thanks to this class!

No comments: